If mosquitoes aren’t already on your mind, they should be. Now is the time to start thinking about advance mosquito control systems to prepare for spring mosquitoes. Temperatures are already above 50 degrees, which means mosquito season is back. And boy will it kick off with a bang! Here in Atlanta, mosquitoes will suddenly appear everywhere. Some adult mosquitoes that have been hiding out or hibernating over winter will come back in full force. Millions of mosquito eggs that were laid last fall and will start hatching, creating a sudden boom in the Atlanta mosquito population.
Don’t let the new population of mosquitoes breed around your yard for even a day or two. If you do, you may find yourself with an unwanted invasion as spring moves on into summer. At that point, it’s too late for prevention without seeking professional help. So do all you can right now to reduce the likelihood of a spring invasion. By employing our recommended advance mosquito control systems, you will reduce the extent of the spring invasion.
The Mr. Mister Mosquito Control™ and ClearZone™ misting services will certainly help you to rid your yard or premises of active mosquitoes. They also act as a barrier against any future invasions. However, there’s a lot you can do to reduce this invasion to an absolute minimum before calling in the experts.
Advance Atlanta Mosquito Control Systems
We still recommend professional treatment throughout the spring, summer, and fall. Without it, you can never entirely rid your yard of mosquitoes. However, you reduce the extent of any spring invasion by applying some advance Atlanta mosquito control now. Just a few simple actions can help reduce existing dormant mosquito populations before the temperature starts to rise. Keep 50 degrees in mind, because once you see this temperature appearing in weather forecasts, you can expect to find mosquitoes and your first bite of 2019!
So what can you do?
- If you have been following our Atlanta mosquito control posts, you will know the dangers of standing water. Mosquitoes need standing water to lay their eggs. Once the eggs hatch, the mosquitoes spend their larval stage in the water. Even a single empty tin can or old pail lying in the yard is enough to host a brood of mosquitoes. Other favorite breeding places include dog bowls, bird baths, and dormant fountains. They can even breed in clogged gutters.
- If you have a pond, get some fish. They will eat the larvae as the eggs hatch. Alternatively, get a fountain to keep the water moving. Mosquitoes can only lay their eggs in still water.
- If you have trees in or around your yard, chances are good that your roof gutters are full of fallen leaves. A gutter that is clogged with leaves and debris is an ideal hiding place and breeding ground for mosquitoes. Make sure you get your gutters cleaned out before spring. Don’t leave the debris lying around your yard where it can hold more stagnant water. Take it away and dispose of it properly.
- Look for spots where mosquitoes hide. Not all mosquitoes die in winter. Many live in and around external drains and downpipes, in brickwork spaces, in bushes, and in small depressions in the ground. Some can even overwinter inside your home!
- Cut back bushes and trim the grass in your lawn. Bushes and tall grass are favorite resting spots for adult mosquitoes.
Mosquito Control in Metro Atlanta
The Metro Atlanta area is known for its large number of rivers, lakes, creeks, streams, and other waterways. Mosquitoes thrive in these wet spaces. That makes Atlanta especially prone to mosquito infestations. Many of these waterways are on public property, so your mosquito control options are limited. That’s why Atlanta mosquito control systems tend to focus on homes rather than on these significant breeding places. However, if you make sure that your yard or garden is as free as possible from breeding places, you can significantly reduce the number of mosquitoes that will attack you in springtime.
Even when you do everything you can to reduce the mosquito population, you may find that you are still being attacked. While harm reduction is crucial, it cannot wholly eradicate mosquitoes. Here at Mr. Mister, we offer the most effective Atlanta mosquito control systems for your spring invasion. Our Mosquito Control™ and ClearZone™ misting services are proven effective ways of controlling mosquitoes around residential, commercial, and public properties.
Contact us at (404) 941-0720 for more information or click here for a quote.