What can Atlanta mosquito control do for you? You have a garden party coming up in Atlanta—or maybe a barbecue or just a family gathering. You’ve planned out every detail for the perfect party. But there is one thing that you just can’t plan for. These get-togethers tend to take place in the early evening. As the sun begins to set and temperatures drop, everyone is happy to get outside. Unfortunately, early evening is also the time that mosquitoes are most active. So how can you have a bug-free garden party? The first step is to contact Mr. Mister!
Think you’ve got it covered with a simple mosquito solution? Think again! It’s not just the mosquitoes that can interrupt all the fun. Wasps, gnats, and nasty biting flies also seem to appear and multiply during those early evening hours. You can also add the ticks and fleas that can cause so many health issues for your pets and children. Did you know that fleas can give your kids tapeworm? Now you have a jungle full of dangerous bugs that are a threat to everybody in your party. And don’t forget your pets. They are also susceptible to every one of these insects, though mosquitoes are the worst all round.
What Attracts Mosquitoes?
One way to avoid mosquito bites is to hide from mosquitoes. Many people make sure to avoid being outside in a garden or yard in the early evening. But is there a better way? What attracts all those flying insects?
Mosquitoes and other flying pests are worse when there is a lot of vegetation and standing water in the area. Standing water and thick vegetation are breeding grounds for mosquitoes, gnats, fleas, and other biting insects.
Besides the availability of breeding grounds, mosquitoes are attracted by scents. That’s why mosquitoes particularly get excited around crowds of people, such as at a barbecue or garden party. Mosquitoes find they victims by sniffing around for CO2, with they can detect from as far as 25 yards away. All that exhaled carbon dioxide at a party is like a giant neon sign flashing “Now Open for Dinner.” Mosquitoes follow the CO2 to get close, then hone in on the body heat and chemicals in perspiration when they get close enough.
The Danger of Mosquitoes
You certainly don’t want your guests to spend all evening slapping their necks, arms, and other areas of exposed skin. Swarming mosquitoes can kill the mood at any outdoor gathering. And you definitely don’t want anyone getting infected with one of the foul diseases they carry. These include bacteria and viruses that can sometimes cause severe symptoms. Symptoms include joint pain, arthritis, and diarrhea and, in some cases, even meningitis and encephalitis, which are both life-threatening for adults and children.
Atlanta Mosquito Control Systems
So what can you do to prepare for a bug-free Atlanta garden party? What mosquito control systems can you use? And how far in advance of your party or barbecue must you prepare?
The answer is quite simple: depend on the experts! Here at Mr. Mister, we are experts at controlling mosquitoes and other flying insects. Here is the process we use with you:
- Call us and inform us that you are having a garden party or barbecue, but are concerned about mosquitoes.
- We’ll visit your home (or your business premises if this is a corporate event) and check out your entire garden and yard area. We initially look for standing water of any kind. Stagnant water is a breeding ground for many flying insects, including mosquitoes. And it can be found in all sorts of places:
- Old tires in your yard, or even by your garage, might hold an inch or two of water. (That’s all it takes.)
- Birdbaths that have been neglected for a while and don’t have constantly moving water.
- Containers that can collect water, such as plant pots, buckets, cans, and even old barbecue grills. This kind of trash is more common than you might imagine. We see it all the time.
- Roof gutters that are blocked with debris. Birds can even deposit grass and other seeds into the scum gathered in your gutter. Once the seeds start to grow, your gutters can become so clogged that water just pools inside of them.
- Small ponds that have been allowed to go stagnant (without fish). If you have fish, then they usually love to dine on mosquito larvae.
- Garbage bins that contain rainwater. Instead, drill a hole in the bottom of trash bins to drain away excess water.
- Aluminum cans left lying around.
- Mosquitoes do not necessarily breed in your yard – they could be doing so next door. Check out your neighbors’ yards and let them know if they are potential breeding grounds for mosquitoes.
- Areas in your garden or yard that are not draining correctly. Small depressions can fill with water and sit for a few days. This is especially common in yards with soil that has a clay-like texture that does not absorb water very well. It only takes a few days for mosquitoes to breed and hatch. It takes just 5-14 days from egg to adult mosquito, depending on the species. Georgia has over 60 species!
- We apply the most appropriate mosquito control measures for your specific situation. These will clear your garden of mosquitoes for your party. We can also set up a mosquito misting system to maintain that control over the following 21 days. After that time, you will likely need a repeat misting.
Bug-Free Garden Party With the Mr. Mister Mosquito Control Misting System
Our name, Mr. Mister, reflects the Atlanta mosquito control mist that we use to protect your garden and yard. It kills adults mosquitoes, keeps young ones from maturing, and wards of newcomers.
All it takes is a simple phone call to (404) 941-0720. We’ll discuss how our Atlanta mosquito control systems can guarantee you a bug-free garden party. By removing all the mosquitoes from your garden and creating a barrier to further infestation, Mr. Mister protects your guests, your children, and your pets. The protective barrier lasts for 21 days—long enough for any garden party, no matter how much you like to hang out.