Atlanta and its surrounding areas have beautiful sights to see in its great outdoors. There are plenty of ways to enjoy these beautiful parks including fishing, hiking, swimming or camping. Here are our favorite places to enjoy:
- Lake Lanier Islands at Lake Lanier, GA – Lake Lanier Islands has two different camp grounds to choose from: Shoal Creek and Blue Ridge. Both these sites are available for RVs and tents, and Shoal Creek is available year round. Bring your boat for a trip around the lake or go fishing from the pier.
- Stone Mountain Park in Stone Mountain, GA – Stone Mountain is Georgia’s #1 campground according to Woodall’s. Head for a swim in the swimming pool, grab a row boat or a peddle boat for some fun on the water, or attend one of their many events. Stone Mountain includes grills, picnic tables and fire rings on each site, so making dinner and roasting smores is easy.
- Doll Mountain Campground in Ellijay, GA – Located in the North Georgia Mountains, Doll mountain features sparkling waters and a rugged shoreline. Drive up in your RV or bring a tent. This campsite also includes a bathroom and a playground.
- Enota in Hiawasse, GA – Rated to be one of the top 100 camping destinations in the country, Entona is the mountain camping escape you’ve been looking for. With camping, fishing, organic farm and seasonal activities, your camping trip will never be boring for you or your family.
Some tips to enjoy time with family and friends:
- Make sure to grab the bug spray to keep mosquitoes at bay.
- Make a no-technology rule. Family and friends should be your focus for the duration of your trip. “Be present in the moment” and not Instagram every sunset and bonfire. Don’t leave all the technology at home though – keep a phone in the glove compartment in case of an emergency.
- Find ways to keep the kids from getting bored. Search for fun games that require minimum to no set up.