Enjoying your mosquito-free yard is about to get real.

Please fill out the contact form below and one of our specialists will get back to you right away to discuss our mosquito control solutions.


Recognizing Toxic and Useful Pest Repellent Plants for Your Garden

When deciding what plants to add to your garden, you may think that beauty, size or even price are the only factors in making your decision. Have you considered the safety aspect of these plants for your children or your pets?

Some plants can cause an allergic reaction in children if ingested, while others are toxic to dogs and cats. Then there are the plants that are beneficial at keeping harmful (and annoying) bugs and pests away. Here are a couple of lists to help you make the best gardening choices for your family and pets:

  1. Common plants toxic to children and/or pets
  • Azaleas
  • Calla Lily
  • Daffodil
  • Holly Berries
  • Hyacinth
  • Lily of the Valley
  • Mistletoe
  • Oleander
  • Rosebay
  • Sago palm and other members of the Cycad family

This list is not extensive. Always double-check the toxicity of plants before choosing them for your home. If a child or pet ingests a suspected toxic plant, call your family doctor, nearest emergency room or veterinarian immediately. You can also call the National Poison Center at (800) 222-1222.

  1. Common plants to keep mosquitoes and other bugs away
  • Basil
  • Catnip (also fun for the cats!)
  • Chrysanthemum
  • Citronella grass
  • Clove
  • Garlic
  • Lavender
  • Marigolds
  • Mint
  • Rosemary

Mosquitoes and other pests can carry all types of diseases and illnesses, including West Nile Virus and Chikungunya. Keeping these pests away can make a huge difference in the health and safety of your family and your pets. If your mosquito problem is beyond using mosquito repellent plants, call Mr. Mister; our automated mosquito control systems and misting treatments are safe for children and pets.

* Schedule a Free Mosquito Control Consultation – 404-941-0720 *
* Guaranteed Results * 100% Biodegradable * Locally Owned

Comments Off on Recognizing Toxic and Useful Pest Repellent Plants for Your Garden