Show those mosquitoes who’s boss.
Summer is a time for lazy days and cool nights, delicious barbecues and relaxing in the sun. But mosquitoes can put a damper on what would otherwise be a fun occasion. Here are 10 ways you can show mosquitoes and other pests who’s the boss:
- Eliminate breeding areas by getting rid of standing water. Take a walk around the yard after the rain to get a good idea where these hot spots are located.
- Dump anything that holds water twice per week including bird baths and flower pots.
- Put a fan on the porch. It’ll help keep bugs away and keep you, your guests and your pets cool!
- Drill holes in the bottom of storage containers that are stored outdoors.
- Keep your gutters clean.
- Adult mosquitoes rest during the day, usually on tall weeds or other vegetation. Make your yard less hospitable to mosquitoes by mowing your lawn regularly, and keep weeds away from your home’s foundation.
- Eliminate seepage from cisterns, cesspools, and septic tanks.
- Make sure to irrigate lawns and gardens carefully to prevent water from standing for several days.
- If ditches do not flow and contain stagnant water for one week or longer, they can produce large numbers of mosquitoes. Report such conditions to the Atlanta Public Health Office.
- Install a ClearZone Misting mosquito control system with Mr. Mister and keep your yard mosquito free and safe.
Have mosquito control problems in North Georgia? Mr. Mister Mosquito Control is in your city.