Mosquitoes are found all over the world. With more than 3,500 types discovered till date, mosquitoes are one of the most dynamic species of insects. These small creatures might seem harmless but some of them are capable of spreading fatal diseases among the living beings. That is why it becomes absolutely crucial to keep them at a distance. Out of hundreds of remedies and ways to control mosquitoes, there are a few that actually work (others just turn out to be a sad state of affairs). If you are looking for ways to keep them away from your home or yard, this post is for you.
Mosquitoes as Party Poopers
Nothing is more annoying than their buzzing sound and painful bites during a family barbecue in the yard. They are like an uninvited guest who comes to kill the vibe of a great family or friend’s get-together. During your free time in summers, when you want to lay in the hammock in your yard, they come thirsty for your blood and you wish you could get rid of them, forever.
Mosquito as Vectors of Viruses and Diseases
Besides the brutal bite of a mosquito which makes you want to scratch your skin till it comes off, it is also capable of infecting you with the germs and viruses of a number of diseases. Mosquitoes are proud bearers of harmful viruses and it is of no surprise that they can cause serious physical, mental (and sentimental) problems. Dengue and the Zika Virus are one of those mosquito-transmitted diseases that have raised serious health threats throughout the world. Some of these diseases don’t even have proper treatment or vaccination, therefore, the only remedy that the mankind is left with is to keep mosquitoes at bay.
Tips and Ways to Keep Mosquitoes Off of Your Yard
If you have tried to kill mosquitoes with spray, repellents, liquids, mats and even with the clap of your hands, you are not alone among the iconic list of the mosquito murderers! Some of these methods prove to be fruitful for long, while others just give you a temporary relief. Without further ado, let’s discover some of the tips and ways by which you can secure your yard from mosquitoes and other creepy insects.
- First things first: limit the breeding habitats of mosquitoes. As you know, mosquitoes need water to breed that is why your yard becomes their favorite breeding spot. Be extra careful and keep an eye out for water holes. Slow moving or stagnant water is the hot incubator of mosquito eggs and larvae so fill all the water holes (because you want to nip the evil in the bud, right?). In addition, also clean the leaf litter that trashes your yard. Dew stored in these piles can help mosquitoes lay eggs, feed their larvae and dwell there so make sure your yard is free from this mess.
- Never feel shy to call the plumber whenever your house needs a quick fix. Drainage pipes and gutters are also home to mosquitoes so make sure they are fixed and running. Spray them with insecticides every now and then for swift results.
- Mosquito yard spray is also an easy way to keep them off of your garden or lawn but this should be given special attention as such sprays can have a damaging affect on you and your family.
- Put screens and filters on your windows and doors to prevent mosquitoes entering your home and rooms.
- If you reside in a region where rainfalls are abundant, make sure your yard is cleaned and dried within a day after it rains. Stagnant water in your lawn attracts mosquitoes to lay eggs.
- Make use of a good mosquito repellent for yard during your outdoor time. Such repellents usually last for a few hours so this could be an add-on to your action plan of mosquito control.
- To keep up with the advance needs of the time, a plenty of mosquito control systems have been introduced. One such system is Mister. This is an effective pest and mosquito control system that forms a protective layer around your yard and keeps it insect-free. The fine mist that the system comes with is 100% organic so you can be sure of your family and pet health.
Conclusion: Mosquito Control for Yard
Mosquitoes are active vectors of various viruses and diseases and they are commonly found in yards. To have a mosquito-free yard or lawn, there are a number of methods that you can follow. Besides the temporary ways (such as coils, sprays, repellents, etc.), the implementation of an effective and lasting mosquito control system is necessary. Mr.Mister guarantees a safe and secure yard through its manual and automatic mosquito control system hence it is a reliable go-for option to make your yard a mosquito-free zone.