If you ask people most will probably agree that this city has a mosquito problem. From early spring to late fall, mosquitoes terrorize the Southeast. Whether you plan on a backyard barbecue, a family hike, or just relaxing your yard, mosquitoes can make life miserable. Thankfully, you have Mr. Mister, and Mr. Mister knows how to control mosquitoes. After all, that’s our business. News agencies tend to us as being one of the worst major cities in the U.S. for mosquitoes. And the statistics back that up. There is also no doubt that our local mosquito population is more than just annoying to Atlantans. Mosquitoes throughout the Southeast have the capability of transmitting some very nasty diseases.
Why You Must Control Mosquitoes
Many Atlantans that believe mosquitoes are nothing more than an irritating annoyance, and that they can often be controlled with a well-timed slap. But one of our goals at Mr. Mister is to educate the public about the true nature of our mosquito problem. It goes a lot further than just an annoyance. Not only can mosquitoes ruin a barbecue party, but they can sometimes become a matter of life and death, particularly for younger members of your family.
The Danger of Mosquito-Borne Illnesses
Did you know that mosquitoes are the deadliest animals on the planet? Each year, more humans die from mosquito-borne illnesses than from any other creature (besides other humans, of course). In the U.S., we are lucky to be spared some of the worst diseases, like malaria. But there are still some serious risks here in the Southeast. And while many of these are rare, they can be deadly, so it’s not a good idea to take any chances.
- Encephalitis is swelling of the brain. West Nile virus, which has been found every year in the local mosquito population since they started testing for it, usually causes no symptoms. But it is the most common mosquito virus in Georgia, and in rare cases, it can cause encephalitis that leads to severe illness or even death. Why would you put yourself at risk, even if the risk is rather small?
- Chikungunya is a viral disease transmitted by infected mosquitoes. Chikungunya causes headaches, severe muscle pain, joint pain, and fever. It is endemic to many tropical regions, and its presence was confirmed in 2014.
- The LaCrosse virus is another mosquito-borne virus that can cause encephalitis. It caused the death of a six-year-old boy in Georgia in 2012. Like West Nile, it is rare, but it can be deadly. However, more cases of LaCrosse may have gone undiagnosed because the cause of encephalitis can be difficult to identify.
Mosquitoes are more than just a nuisance to residents and visitors. The mosquito problem must be dealt with effectively, and that means knowing the habits of these insects, how to control them, and the best time to apply control measures.
How to Control Your Mosquito Problem
Like most other biting and bloodsucking insects, mosquitoes are most active at dusk and dawn. This is when to take effective action both to eradicate them and to repel them from visiting your yard or garden. Mr. Mister™ can do that for you.
Many people try to handle their mosquito problem themselves. There are some steps you can take to help reduce mosquito populations in your yard. However, the vast majority of homeowners fail to completely eradicate mosquitoes for several reasons. Here are just a few:
- They do not understand mosquitoes, their lifestyle, and what keeps them happy. Like most home projects, expertise and experience make a big difference. We understand mosquitoes, and we’ve been battling them for years. Our professional knowledge and sophisticated understanding enable us to tackle mosquitoes when and where they are the most vulnerable.
- Many people underestimate mosquitoes. They may just seem like pests, but they have survived for over 100 million years. Mosquitoes are incredibly resilient and well adapted to their environment. That’s one reason why it takes specialist knowledge to manage them.
- Mosquitoes are attracted to your body heat, sweat components, exhaled carbon dioxide, lactic acid (generated by exercise), and darker colors (animal skin, etc.). Mosquitoes are very good at finding their next blood meal. Keeping them away takes more than just a partial reduction in mosquito populations.
How Mr. Mister™ Can Help Control Mosquitoes
At Mr. Mister™, we use our mosquito knowledge to control mosquitoes in your yard and around your home. Our ClearZone™ misting treatment employs a special formulation (designed for mosquitoes) that adheres to the underside of the leaves and stalks of plants and trees. It protects your property for at least 21 days.
The ClearZone™ barrier mist not only controls mosquitoes and other flying bugs and ticks but also prevents them from resting or reproducing. We treat areas where mosquitoes traditionally live and reproduce. We target standing water in ponds, old tires, bins, buckets, gutters, drains, and waterspouts. In fact, anywhere on your premises where water can gather and stagnate is a welcome breeding ground for mosquitoes. We search out these hotspots and help destroy them.
We serve the greater community. If you have a mosquito problem we can provide continuing mosquito control, keeping the area around your home free of mosquitoes. We also treat for ticks, ants, wasps, and other undesirable insects throughout the year, and we know how to deal with your mosquito problem. Mr. Mister™ was not voted one of Kudzu’s Best for nothing.
Contact us 24/7 at (404) 941-0720. We are available to help you at any time, and work more hours than the mosquitoes do! Got a mosquito problem? Mr. Mister can fix it!
Mr. Mister Mosquito Control
4016 Flowers Rd #400
Atlanta, GA 30360